Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Compromise in the Church Today...

As thrilled and excited as I am about last night's election results, I was reminding myself, that in order for our Nation to thrive and be like it once used to be, long term, is to get to the root of the problem--sin and complacency in the churches today.

I am so saddened by all the compromise I see in the churches. Instead of blushing over an explicit movie, I hear pastors and many Christians talking about how good it was; Instead of reading their Bible, they're reading Twilight and Harry Potter; Instead of desiring Holiness, they're desiring worldliness; Instead of talking about Jesus, they're talking more about their favorite TV show sitcom; Instead of preaching against sin, they're preaching about a cheap grace that's not found in the Bible; Instead of having a revival, they're having a Halloween party!  How far we have come from true Christianity!

The church of today has never been so spiritually bankrupt. We have substituted earnest prayer for entertainment. I pray that the things that break God's heart, would break our hearts and that our eyes would be focused on eternity.

"Help us, Lord, to walk in Holiness and not worldliness. We know Father, that You are not looking for portions of us, but ALL of us.  Rev. 3:16 says that it would be better for us to be either cold or hot than lukewarm. Help us be desperate for you, Lord! And forgive us of our sin and complacency and help us to repent and turn our hearts and lives back to You."


1 Peter 1:14-16
"as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”[a]

16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[a] I will vomit you out of My mouth. (Rev. 3:16)


 17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God. (Psalm 9:17)

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chron. 7:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment