Sunday, July 26, 2009

Of Friends, Laughter & Fellowship....

Last week some dear friends of ours invited us to go to Traders Village. It was quite the experience!

Here we are trying on some cowgirls hats....or maybe they're sombreros?

L-R: my sister Rebecca, and our friends, Marci, Hannah Heidi, & I.


Don't you think these sunglasses should be illegal to drive in?!? ;)


This was Hannah's re-enactment of her experience of getting bit by an alligator!


Miss Marci and Heidi.... :)



Afterwords we went out for lunch at a tea room and had a wonderful time of laughter, fun and fellowship. I'm so thankful for my sweet friends!

Last Wednesday, we had our girls group VOH (Vessels of Honor).

We made corsages for our activity this month.....













Emily and Brianna...


Lauren (aka: Nugget.) ;)



Marianna and Rachel....



Me and Emily....



Anna and Michaela....



Megan and Annalise


Glory and Rachel....




I also have a question for all the techies out there......my computer is still down and has only gotten worse, so it looks like I will have to buy a new laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good one that is also inexpensive? I'm on a very tight budget, but I don't want another lemon either! So any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I know that we have a Toshiba, and it works great. It came with a camera to use online which is already included within the computer. I'm not sure if it was expensive since it is the family laptop, however, knowing my dad, he wouldn't buy an expensive one, so he probably bargained with the guy! LOL! Anyways, we are very pleased with this laptop. I know, I find it annoying to buy a new computer, something which is bugging! Well, good luck on buying a good laptop! I'll try to email you very soon, we have company coming in today, and my birthday is next week, so I'll get to it soon!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a Toshiba laptop, but after a while the cord stopped working (wasn't plugging into the computer right to charge). It eventually wouldn't turn on and we had to have someone help us get all our stuff off of it. Sorry Vanessa, I'm glad yours works well and that doesn't happen! I have a Sony Vaio and I don't recommend it either. It's okay and has lasted for 2 years for me (and I bought it used), but it's got a lot of problems. Haha!

    If you want to invest a little, I think Dell's are pretty good. Or of course a Mac! lol (that's a massive investment!) ;) From the little I know, it seems to me that a Dell would be the better of a "less expensive" computer, but they can still be pricey.

    Hope you find what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa: Thanks for the suggestion! My dad had a Toshiba that is now passed on to my mom and she hasn't had hardly any problems with it. However, I had a Toshiba too, and it's been such a lemon! It did the same thing that Allison's did with the cord and such, and on top of that, it's just been one problem after another! I'm glad yours is so much better! :)

    Allsion, thank you for your input and suggestion too! Have you heard of the Acers? My sister Marianna has one, and it's been great. Plus I think she got it on sale for under $300! I'm going to look into that, and yes, if I could afford a mac, I would definitely get that! :D My dad has one, and really likes it! I've heard Dells are pretty good too. Maybe I can find a good deal on one.....I'm just keeping my eyes peeled. Hopefully I'll be able to find something soon for a good price.

    Thanks for y'alls help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't heard of Acers, but I don't know much about different computers and which are best. Haha! All I know is what I've heard from others and personal experience. ;) Have you Googled reivews and such for the types of computers you're looking at? MOr have you found a computer yet? y dad likes to do LOTS of research before buying anything. :) Sometimes it's hard to know whether it's worth investing a little more or if a cheaper model will work just as well!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete